Wednesday, June 13, 2012

be +

This post pertains to how I feel with regards to long distance relationships.

Long distance. does it really matter?

Well, I just experienced it now. It was merely three weeks when I was away, but I felt like it was already a month or two. It was really hard -- the first 2 weeks was awful. And it still is. But when that person told me that if I continue to be negative about our situation, it would definitely have a domino effect. It is when you tend to be so negative about the situation, then you get used to it, then you get tired which in the end would break the relationship. And I don't want that to happen. Definitely! 

Okay. So here's my situation. I am used to being around that person. Being used to have dinner together, do some fun stuffs together, have someone to talk to about how my day was. But when I was away, I started to think of negative things. For example, I would think that maybe the spark would disappear, or that my partner would get used to the fact of me not being around, etc, etc. I know you know those things already. So it was really depressing. I became insecure and all that. It was really hard. So does distance really matters?

Well, it does. But as long as you have that most important thing you cling to, you're good to go. And that is trust. Of course, together with love.

trust and love. that's what it takes. 

If that two goes together, then you will really feel that the burden of all insecurities and negativity will go away. I can relate to that 'coz from the time I was slapped with that truth (thanks to my partner), I realized that domino effect makes sense. Well, I'm not saying that all the negativity went away. I still have 6 more weeks to go before I get to see that person again. But at least, I felt lighter. I didn't have that irritating feeling anymore. And I felt like I was also givin' her the chance to miss me more. :) 

So, the bottomline is, long distance relationship is really hard. But I know we can pass this stage. I don't want to regret my life by wasting my time thinking all of the negatives right?

And what better thing to do that is throw all the negativity away, cling to that trust you had for each other, continue to love that person and be positive. Be positive that everything's gonna be fine. And that's a + indeed! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment