Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Foreign Land, Here I come!

Actually, this is a very very late post about my flight from Manila, Philippines to Greensboro, North Carolina.
Why am I going to Greensboro, NC and not the famous New York? Well, this is work-related so I have no choice. But I am still fortunate enough. Call that luck, eh? Nah, I called it a blessing from God. Still hoping for that New York though :)

Anyway, the flight from Manila to Greensboro is a really long one. If we look at the map below, from Manila to Detroit alone is a really long range. 

My connecting flight: from Manila to Nagoya, Japan to Detroit Metro, Michigan. (not scaled)

Actually it was my first time to travel outside the country and my first time to travel for more than 12 hours. My flight from Manila, Philippines to Nagoya, Japan took almost 4 hours (3 hours and 55 minutes to be exact based on the ticket). We waited for an hour for the connecting flight. It was a good thing that I get to know a Filipino who is familiar with the travel so it was like he was my compass within the airport. So it is really good if you can meet someone and let him/her be your guide. ;) The picture below is the aerial view of Nagoya, Japan airport.

Nagoya, Japan Airport. (aerial view)

That one hour, I used to prepare myself for a longer travel. That is because, from Nagoya, Japan to Detroit,Michigan will take 13 hours and 5 minutes. whoa!! That's a long travel, isn't it? Well, I was just praying that we would have a safe trip, and yey! We did arrive (thank God) at the Detroit airport in one piece. 

When we were on our way to our designated gate which is Gate C39, we had to walk through this very colorful walk way. It was really colorful!

the walkway to pass through towards Gate C39 














me! :)












The walkalator.











The walkalator! Well, we just grabbed our chance not to walk even for quite a certain distance only. And we were having fun taking pictures, too!








After quite a long walk... Yes, Gate C39!
Gate C39! Yehey!
But did that end there? Yeah, of course not. But before boarding the plane to Greensboro, we still have to wait like 5 hours. But, well that was nothing compared to 13 hours, right?

Here's the map from Detroit to Greensboro:

From Detroit Metro, Michigan to Greensboro, North Carolina.

The flight from Detroit to Greensboro took only 1 hour and 48 minutes. And finally, we arrived at the hotel reserved for us. The trip was really long and very tiring. But I know, that trip was all worth it 'coz I get to come to a foreign land. 

And what better thing to do after a long and tiring trip? Yeah!! Sleep indeed. zzzZZ.. :)

My Bed at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Greensboro, North Carolina.



1 comment: